Dr Sharifah is the Founder and Past President of Perak Women for Women Society (PWW). Perak Women for Women Society (PWW) is a registered, apolitical, non profitable and non-governmental organisation (NGO) set up in 2003 to enhance the status and lives of women in Perak irrespective of their race, religion and social background.
PWW helps women and children in crisis who are victims of abuse, violence and discrimination.
Our motto is “Self Respect and Respect for Others”
Mission & Objectives:
- To provide immediate assistance for women and children who are victims of violence
- To promote awareness on issues regarding abuse and violence against women
- To promote a culture of mutual respect
- To facilitate changes in society and the legal system for the protection and betterment of women and children
- To advocate women’s rights
- To elevate women’s socio-economic status and independence
- To promote gender equality
PWW services include:
- Providing support for women and children in crisis
- Assisting victims of domestic violence and rape to seek medical, police and welfare assistance
- Providing temporary shelter for women and their children in crisis
- Assisting women in getting legal advice in matters concerning the rights of women and children
- Providing counseling and setting up a support group for single parents, victims of domestic violence and rape survivors
- Educating women through our awareness and education programmes held throughout the year
- Empowering women through various skills training towards achieving independence and self reliance.
- Mutual Respect;
- Women’s Rights;
- Gender Equality in the society.
Besides PWW is a member of the Joint Action Group for Gender Equality (JAG) one of the 9 coalition women’s right Organization in Malaysia. Recently we received an award from the UN as recognition for promoting equality and empowering women right!