Endometriosis is one of the most common health problems for younger women. It can occur in any teen or woman who has menstrual periods, but it is most common in women in their 30s and 40s. Please make an appointment with your clinic doctor if you have severe period pain and abnormal menstrual bleeding…
What we can do for you?
Detection, Treatment & Surveillance Service:
Our endometriosis services include:
- Diagnosis of endometriosis
- Assessment of the severity of the disease
- Treatment of infertility
- Control pain symptom
- Control and regulate periods
- Treatment of endometriotic ovarian cysts by cystectomy through open or
- laparoscopic surgery
- Resection of endometriotic lesions through open surgery or laparoscopy
What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a condition where the inner lining of the uterus called endometrium is presence outside the uterine cavity and that bring about chronic irritation which cause pain, infertility and impaired quality of life. It’s often progressively gets worse over the time.
What are the symptoms of endometriosis?
Symptoms of endometriosis can include:
- Very painful menstrual cramps; pain may get worse over time
- Chronic pain in the lower back and pelvis
- Pain during or after sex
- Intestinal pain
- Painful bowel movements or painful urination during menstrual periods
- Spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods
- Infertility or not being able to get pregnant
- Diarrhea, constipation, bloating, or nausea, especially during menstrual periods
Who gets endometriosis?
You might be more likely to get endometriosis if you have:
- Never had children
- Menstrual periods that last more than seven days
- Short menstrual cycles (27 days or less)
- A family member (mother, aunt, sister) with endometriosis
- A health problem that prevents normal passage of menstrual blood flow
- Damage to cells in the pelvis from an infection
Here is the good news..
Early detection and treatment of endometriosis may preserve the structure and function of the reproductive organs thus protect your fertility potential and quality of life later on
Laparoscopic resection of the endometriotic lesion improves fertility outcome as compared to open surgery
For further reading click on:
Dr Sharifah Clinic for Women & Laparoscopic Surgery
Gleneagles Medini Hospital
SUITE 609 & 610
2, Jalan Medini Utara 4,
79250 Nusajaya, Johor, Malaysia.
+6010-2888645, +6017-847 1000