- Full medical and menstrual history taking
- Physical examination
- Ultrasound Scan of the pelvis (the uterus & the ovaries)
- Hormonal profile
- Lipid profile
- Screening for Diabetes Mellitus
- Assessment of metabolic syndrome & insulin resistance
- Assessment of fertility and treatment of infertility
- Risk assessment and monitoring of cardiovascular diseases
- Treatment of Acne and oily skin
- Weight loss counseling
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling for resistant PCOS
What we can do for you?
About PCOS : What is PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common endocrine and hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. Studies shows about 1 in 10-15 women (5-6%) women in reproductive age are affected by PCOS. It may begin as early as in the teenage years, soon after the 1st period or it can also manifest much later.
What are the symptoms and signs of PCOS?
- Irregular and scanty period (less than 8 x per year)
- Increased facial hair, acne and oily skin
- Polycystic ovaries on ultrasound
- Unable to conceive (infertility)
- Metabolic syndrome
How do we manage PCOS
We aim to provide a holistic approach to the management of PCOS. Women in different age groups will have different needs. Management issues to consider include the following:
1. regulation of menstrual cycles
2.treatment of subfertility issues
- ovulation induction with medical/ hormonal treatment
- laparoscopic ovarian drilling
3. treatment of excessive hairiness/ hirsutism
4. weight loss programmes
5. screening and prevention of long term complications such as diabetes and hypertension
For further reading click on:
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome